Becoming an Online Marketer Part 1
The very first thing that you need to do when becoming an online marketer is to figure out what it is you want to promote. Then you have to start focusing on building a website.
I’ve said it time and again. I get emails from people almost daily asking “why am I not making money?” and the short answer is that you have to have a website. People are all over the ‘net spouting that you can start your own business for free. The fact of the matter is that it can be done at a very low cost, but it’s generally never free. They’ve mislead you, intentional or not, but mislead you have been.
Yes, you can sign up with thousands of social networks, and you get your space free. BUT IT ISN’T YOUR DOMAIN. It belongs to someone else. You are building traffic up for THEM and not you. You need to follow these steps:
1. Decide what you want to sell, or promote whether it is a product, service, or information.
2. Choose a domain name that is closely related to that product or information.
3. Purchase webhosting. Stay away from the so called dollar hosts, but you can get good reliable hosting for between $5.00 and $10.00 a month.
4. Build a website
5. Visit all these social networks and place links back to YOUR website
6. Fill the website with quality content and information which will attract visitors and you will climb in the search rankings gaining lots of natural traffic as well.
This will not happen overnight as many will try to lead you to believe. It can and will happen in several months though as long as you stay focused and continually work your site.
So, the first thing you need to do, and all I want you to focus on right now, is what interests you. What it is that excites you, because choosing something that you enjoy is important because it’s going to become your focus now, so it is important that it be something that you love and enjoy; Especially for your first project. Spend the next day or so thinking about that, and then we will move on to the next part.